Wednesday, December 3, 2008

This is gonna be a long one....

We have been so busy lately, I feel like I haven't posted anything in forever! For Thanksgiving, we went to Brian's parents in SC. We had a great time, although AL was sick while we were there & she got not just one, but three new teeth. Yes, three teeth in one week! Talk about painful! She didn't sleep very well, but was so good considering. She takes a couple of steps every day, but is taking her time becoming an independent walker, which is fine by me. Every time I look at her, I can't believe what a big girl she is. I no longer have my baby!

Today was crazy! We went on a preschool tour & we both LOVED it! I know, you would think we wouldn't be doing this until next summer, but apparently registration for the fall is in January! Crazy! AL will go two days a week from 9 - 12, starting next September. Sad!

After lunch, AL had her first music class. It is a 45 minute class with about 7 or 8 other kids. We all danced and sang and had a great time! As for other AL updates, she just got a new "big girl" carseat. Tear! She is waving bye-bye, blowing kisses, fully says "momma" & "daddy", is almost walking, says "a" (Kahlua) & drinking out of a real cup (no hands yet though). She also signs "more", "eat", "drink", "all done" and of course does "touchdown". She loves playing with her daddy when he gets home from work & has gotten so much sweeter, giving kisses and hugs. It's amazing how much she understands, so many words, that I can't list them all. A few include "pat" (this is how she pets Kahlua), "book", "train" & "hot".

I need to get a better picture...

Enough about AL! As for Brian & I, the most excitement we have to share is that we had our first fire of the year on Sunday!!!! Yay! This is also the first fire we have had in this house! FYI - we have lived here for 2 years now & Brian has a "rule" that it has to be 45 degrees out or colder. Last year, every time I asked Brian for a fire, he would tell me that the fireplace was "broken"!!!! Something about a crack! Apparently Brian is full of....crack! Tonight we have the fire going as well! Now that I know the fireplace is fine, Brian will be building extras fires this year :) I absolutely LOVE having a fire going!


Let's see...this weekend we have Brian's Christmas dinner for work, a 1st birthday party for AL's friend Cole, we are getting our Christmas Tree & having PICTURES MADE WITH SANTA!!!!!! We are very unsure of how the pictures will go, but we will keep you all updated! Have a great weekend!

OMG & PS - I totally forgot to post pictures of the 1976 Prom. I will post those tomorrow!

Much Love,
Brian, Lauren & Ansley Lawson

No comments: