Monday, October 13, 2008

Out with the Old, In with the New...

So...I just noticed that when I changed my background, I lost the poll results. If you are interested, I think the results for AL's ear piercing reflected 13 for "yes" & 10 for "no". As for who AL looks like, I think majority was for "Brian", "Lauren" had 1 vote & a few votes for "Both".


Brian & I have always been quite annoyed with how popular both of our names are. Throughout high school, I was known as Campbell because in our little group of friends I was one of three Lauren's. Even in college, I had a roommate named Lauren. As for Brian, between the two of us, we know 8 or 9 Brian's. With his friends, Brian is known as Brooks.

When we got pregnant & started looking at names, we tried very hard to find a name that was extremely uncommon. We thought we had succeeded with Ansley until the day we decided for sure that Ansley was THE name. From that day on, I hear the name "Ansley" all over the place. As of a couple months ago, I started calling our daughter Lawson because I hear Ansley so often & as stupid as it may be, it irks me. She responds to both names because Brian still calls her Ansley and I have gone back & forth because I'm slightly embarrassed to tell people that I want to call her by her middle name now. But as of yesterday, I am sticking with Lawson. We were out shopping & on two separate occasions, I heard "Ansley".

This is part of the reason I have been using "AL" on all the blog entries. As for Lawson, we chose this name because it was my Nana's middle name & her mother's maiden/middle name. I have wanted to use Lawson as the name of my first born since the moment I heard it. I wanted to use it as AL's first name, but Brian liked it better for a boy's first name.

So after all that, I just wanted to get it out there, so in the future, when you hear me calling our daughter "Lawson", you know why. But, like I said, she does respond to both names, so feel free to call her what ever you'd like.



Much Love,
Brian, Lauren & Ansley

1 comment:

waltergrant said...

I LOVE the name Lawson. I think it's totally fine if you want to change her name (and you're not even really changing it, since it was already her name).
Great to see you all this weekend!